Vermentino


The Vermentino grapewine is the most well known and appreciated wine variety of the region with its yellowish color and strong fruity perfume.
In order to be called Vermentino, a wine should be made at 90% of  of the omonymous variety and the remaining 10% of others white grapes.
Vermentino is a light-skinned wine grape variety, widely planted in Sardinia, in Liguria and in Tuscany. The leaves are dark green and pentagonal. The grapes are amber-yellow and hang in pyramidal bunches. The vines are often grown on slopes facing the sea where they can benefit from the additional reflected light.
Vermentino wines are a pale straw color and relatively low in alcohol, with crisp acids, citrus-leaf aromatics, and pronounced minerality. In the mouth, Vermentino shows flavors of green apple and lime, heightened by refreshing acidity, good richness and medium body. The wine’s crispness makes it a delicious accompaniment to fresh seafood, oysters on the half shell, or grilled Mediterranean vegetables.

The Vermentino by Rocca di Frassinello is one of the best in Tuscany and a visit to this winery is a must.
Next page